[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Why business owners should be using social media marketing
Hi, and welcome to my social media minute this week. I have a very, very, very, very important question to ask you.
Are you and your business one of them?
Now, I think you’re probably thinking, “What is that? What is one of them? ”
Well, let me tell you who and what one of them is. Statistics indicate that only 30% of people owning businesses, small to medium business owners, are using social media for their marketing. So, are you one of them? or are you one of them 60 % that aren’t using social media for their business? Well, whatever the case is, let me share with you today on this social media Live a few reasons why you should be using social media. You ready? Of course you are.
1. The first reason is branding. When you use social media to let the world know about your brand, you’re creating a recognizable product that people can actually relate to.
2. Create a buzz. Get people talking about your brand and your services in a way that’s beneficial to your business.
3. Online reputation, that is probably another component of social media that we forget to look at, and that is that people today are going to get online and vent or have their opinion on what your business is doing, so it’s extremely important that you actually keep an eye on what other people are saying about you and your brand, and fix those issues if you can.
4. Establish yourself as an expert. You want people saying, “You know, that business owner knows exactly what I need, you want people to know that you are the expert in your space, that you are actually respected in your niche.
5. Word of mouth marketing is number five. Customers need to create trust with you before purchasing, and as statistics indicate again, 76% of people use their mobile devices to find your local business, and whilst their looking for your local business, 76% of them actually purchase. So, people like to trust those that they’re connected with, and will often ask their friends and family, “Have you used, or do you know?” And people will share who and what they’ve experienced, word of mouth marketing is the only form of marketing, and it’s like steroids when you use social media.
6. You build relationships with people and you become more personable, like we are connecting now. Being able to build trust, customer relations, relations with people before you even get to know them is very important.
7. It opens up the lines of communication. Just recently, Facebook has allowed us to download our icon, and it’s scan able, so that people can communicate directly from whatever platforms that we use. That means that you can put this little icon onto your Facebook page, you can put it onto your website, and people can message you straight away. That means that they communicate with you instantly. How cool is that?
8. Small businesses can compete in the big space. Yay! Finally, we don’t have to worry about the big competitors. We can use social media to compete, and get our word out there, and you know, if you know how to, you can hijack their clients.
9. Social media networking is a potential platform for clients all over the globe. If you’re looking at expanding your product or your services or going online, well, you could use social media for that.
10. Great traffic. Not only is it great for traffic, it’s free. Social media costs you nothing, unless you’re actually using platforms to advertise. It’s a great way to drive traffic back to your landing page, back to your website, back to your products, whatever. It’s great and it’s cheap. If you have a look at the stats again, Yahoo! Buzz, which are social media network sites, says that you can get anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 viewers. I’ve got a client who told me yesterday that they went from 300 Instagram followers to 31,000. Oh, my god. Do you know that’s just amazing? all they did was increase the hashtags by one. One hashtag, and they had that many followers. So just think about how much traffic you can get.
11. It increases your likability, which means if you’re putting your social media platforms and icons onto your website, onto your blog, it’s creating a thing called link juice, which is really good for your social media search engine optimization. It helps search engines find you. If you were to type in your name, on Google, LinkedIn, if you have a LinkedIn profile, will probably come up first.
12. Social Media is cheaper than traditional forms of marketing. Now, I’m not dishing any other sort of media. I’m just saying, it’s cheaper. A lot cheaper.
13. Your company is more accessible. People can communicate with you.. You can have a direct conversation in a specific niche. You can join groups.
14. It provides a way for you to find clients. You can go out and join groups that are already there. If you’re in the fitness industry, you can join Mums with bubs looking for weight loss, and whatever. Just have a look at how many different groups are out there and be proactive in taking actionable steps to get your brand amongst those potential clients.
15. It’s a way to explain yourself. A way to showcase your brand, your products, your staff, behind the scenes.
So think about being a business owner outside of the box. Don’t be a business owner that’s stuck in a box and that doesn’t know how to get your potential clients.
Don’t be a business owner in the 63% that aren’t using social media. Be one of the 33% that’s powering through and getting all those leads and sales, and using social media to your advantage. I hope you’ve enjoyed this social media minute, the Live video is below, I was having a great time recording this, and showing that I am authentic,. If you’ve got any questions, leave them in the box below. Ha, excuse that for a play on words. But leave them in the comment section below and I’ll get back to you. Thanks for connecting with me today, and if you want to know any other way to, you know, be outside the box, contact us. Ciao for now.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code admin_label=”Code”]<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsocialmediaplus%2Fvideos%2F1226599717359801%2F&show_text=0&width=400″ width=”400″ height=”400″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowTransparency=”true” allowFullScreen=”true”></iframe>[/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]